New overpowered codices keep coming out in 9th Edition. For many players, that’s a reason to stop playing Chaos. For great players like Georg Bobkov, that just means finding new ways to beat them.
Georg joins Warphammer for an interview to share the secrets to his absolutely wild Chaos soup list. Georg’s knowledge and passion for Chaos was apparent just from the creative choices he made, and we had a great time diving really deep into all the technical details of how the list operated and other options Chaos players can used to succeed.
- Emperor’s Children Battalion
- Master of Executions: Raiment Repulsive, Flames of Spite
- Sorcerer: Prescience, Warptime, Combi-Bolter
- 2 x 10 Cultists
- 1 x 10 Cultists with a Heavy Stubber (can’t forget this crucial detail)
- 5 Chosen with an Icon of Excess, 3 Hammers, and 2 Claws
- Dreadclaw Drop Pod
- 2 x 8 Warp Talons
- Nurgle Spearhead
- Poxbringer: Fleshy Abundance
- 3 Plagueburst Crawlers
- Daemons Patrol
- Herald of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
- Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot: Hysterical Frenzy
- 2 x 3 Nurglings
- 5 Furies
- Don’t be afraid to use units everyone else is ignoring. Heralds on Seeker Chariots may not set the world on fire from a pure stats perspective, but they fit perfectly into Georg’s gameplan.
- You cannot go wrong with Plagueburst Crawlers. We both agreed that basically every single Chaos list benefits from the inclusion of a Spearhead with Plagueburst Crawlers. The big points drop on an already incredible unit is enough to give the entire Chaos super-faction a shot in the arm.
- Build Secondaries into your list. Georg’s well-designed list meant he always came to the table with a gameplan.
We’re getting closer every day to new Daemon/Chaos Knights/Chaos Space Marine codices, but they still seem far away. Georg shows that as long as Chaos players have any codices at all, they’ll be finding creative ways to make their favorite armies work.
Note: Excited to get your Chaos army on the tabletop? Me too! I’d love to work with you on making your fun or weird Chaos idea into a competitive list with an eye on the future. If you’re interested in supporting the growth of Warphammer and quality 40K content, feel free to check out Patreon.com/Warphammer and join the team. Additional benefits and coaching are available.
Interested in learning more about playing Chaos? Check out the Warphammer Discord here: https://discord.gg/SgBcXW5s6R
Published: March 10th, 2022
Last Updated: March 10th, 2022